What is it?
Ok, so Botox can be a fairly emotive subject, from stories about over enthusiastic celebrities to it being the next miracle cure for the issue of the day. In reality it’s just a simple neurotoxin which relaxes the muscles and makes you look younger.
This makes it perfect for reducing those lines and wrinkles that make you feel older. This is what most of my clients are looking for, quick (non surgical) fix that makes you feel younger, happier and more beautiful.
Is it right for you?
- For most people Botox is used to relax the parts of their face where they’ve developed lines and wrinkles.
- Naturally as we age more wrinkles will begin to appear, but I do get a lot of younger clients who may be naturally prone to frown lines or early signs of ageing.
- This is not to say that every client will need to start early, but the theory is that if you start younger it actually prevents the lines from forming in the first place.
- This means that over time there will be a lesser need to undergo any Botox treatment because the lines are simply not there!
- It won't fundamentally alter your appearance in the way that invasive cosmetic surgery might, it’s really for people that want to work with what they have in a subtle and complementary way.
What to expect
When you come into the clinic for your appointment, we’ll talk about the reasons you want Botox treatment and identify the areas you’re most concerned about.
Does it hurt?
Of course, the first thing most people ask me is “Will it hurt?”! Well, despite this being a series of injections, Botox is not a painful procedure.
The injections are not deep (not like a vaccine you’d get at the doctor), so even clients who are a bit squeamish about needles are usually pleasantly surprised by how quick and easy it is!
The treatment itself typically takes only a few minutes and can last up to 4 months.
After your treatment you might have some redness and bruising or swelling for a little while around the injections, but within 2 weeks you should see the full effect - and I guarantee that by this point you won’t be able to walk past anything reflective without stopping to admire!
There isn’t really a lot you need to do after you’ve had Botox, except to avoid rubbing the treated area (it might just spread the Botox out further).
However, some of my clients like to practice moving the treated muscles to help the Botox get absorbed into them.
The care does not stop at the door. We ensure that we give you all the necessary post treatment information that you need to ensure that you get the best results possible. Apart from that our friendly team are always on hand to give you some advice if you need it.
The price of a typical Botox treatment for one problem area is from £180, or from £280 for multiple areas (like the whole upper face).
When we have the consultation we’ll talk about the best options for you and make sure you’re getting the right treatment.
Should i come back?
The effect will probably have worn off around 4 months after your treatment, but lots of my clients like to come back a little bit before that so they can maintain their look - instead of waiting for it to wear off completely.
This is only a guideline and of course everybody responds differently. Those of you that have already been having the treatment for a while will know that the more regularly you have the treatments, the longer it lasts.